Sunday, 29 April 2012

Kitchen Corner

Its been a while since I last posted, work has just been mental busy on a plus note though I have manged to come across a oh so simple recipie for that something chocolately that might take your fancy.  It can be made and ready to eat in less than 15 min and keeps for 3 or 4 days in the fridge, that is if you can put it away!!  I think it is my new favorite dessert at the moment.

Easy Peasey Choc Mousse 

Ingredients
Choclate 53% - 225g
Cream - 300ml
Whole Eggs - 2
Ameretto

Equipment
3 bowls
Pot or Microwave
Electric whisk
Hand whisk

You can make this using a hand whisk but it will just take a little longer, although if you are lucky to have one of those old school hand whisks with the wheely thing it'll take a little less time.

Happy Making, Enjoy!

You can use any chocolate you like but I have found that because this is quite rich a medium choclate works very well with any flavour you want to add into it.  This is also a raw egg mousse.

This is a step by step way with photos to match, I thought that this would help for those who may never have made anything before and I would like to keep it simple. I may do this as a profession but not everyone does.  Also sorry for the somewhat dodge pics, I was in work and this is a huge batch of mousse.

Step 1 - Soft peak your cream, so this means that it just about holds its shape. Best way to see is put some onto a spoon and then pour it off. If it falls of in one big clump then the cream is over whipped. This cannot be used and you will have to start again. Don't worry though, just leave it to one side and don't throw it out.


Step 2 - Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, you can also be lazy and do this in the microwave. Be very sure to have it at a low heat though because you can very easily burn the chocolate and you won't be able to use it at all.  Now i've made a mistake I should have put this as step 1, you can put this on while you whip up the cream.



Step 3 - Whisk up your whole eggs till they have doubled in volume and are full of air,


When your eggs hold the figure 8 on the top they are whipped enough!! This is a very bad number 8 I should say.


Step 4 - Pour all the melted chocolate into the eggs all in one go,  the best bowl to use would be one that is round bottomed so it will make mixing easier and it won't get caught around the flat bottom edges.


Step 5 - Slowly incorpoate the chocolate into the egg mixture lightly and not over work it, so gently, gently, softly, softly!  This will keep it light.  Make sure to get right down into the bowl and get all the choclate that will gather on the base.

When you start to mix it it looks like this, it might look like it has split but keep working it.  Don't worry!


The more you mix the better it will look!


Once the chocolate is fully mixed in it will have a nice shiney gloss to it.


Step 6 - Pour in all of the cream and repeat the process of above. It's okay if the cream is a little under whipped because you are working it into this mix.


When all the ingrediants are mixed together it should look like this. 


Step 7 - Flavour.  I threw alot of ameretto into the one we use in work but you can add anything you like into it and well however much you want this one is left too you, make it your own!!!


Finally, I serve salted pistachios and cherries with this mousse as it compliments the amaretto.


Lastly if you want to pipe the mouse, leave it in the bowl and place in the fridge for about 20 or 30 mins then put it into a piping bag and your off! If you wanna put it into a cup or some form of serving glass while it is still fluid pour it into the glasses and just leave to set in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment